BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Beginnings

After a quick two week stint back in my hometown, I hit the road for my next unpaid adventure in life. I'm already in love with the work ethic and vicinity I will be spending the next three months in. The entire building is truly a football museum. Throw in a room built to hold an 80 piece orchestra, insane theatre room with surround sound, flat screen tv's that coat the walls.... and you have the place I work at!

I still can't believe that my job includes watching football all day. The fact that I get to talk about sports every single day is incredible, but what I really missed more than anything was editing, writing, and interviewing. Using the Avid editing system today (it's a non-linear video editing system) was a sigh of relief. I knew I made it back to what I spent four years working towards. Granted, I'm not hired, but I do have important responsibilities.

I wish I could share all the cool projects I'm working on right now, but there's a confidentiality agreement that I fully respect. I will however tell you some of the things I have learned so far though.

  • Everyone has met someone who is an incredible athlete/coach. Sometimes these people even walk around the building. I'm hoping Brett Favre shows up soon.
  • You cannot judge someone by their alma mater. I worked in a producer's office today who is a Michigan Alum. The library is ran by an OSU alum. Interns come from all over. The whole building would be chaos if rivalries continued on in the workforce because everyone has posters up.
  • You will get LOST, because the place is a complete maze. I have figured out that if I find the SIGNED Paul Hornung poster I'm getting close to the coffee area. (Don't worry Dad, I'm sure they won't notice if they take it with me)
So life is good right now. I'm headed to Philly tomorrow night with my roommate for dinner and drinks with her friends (seeing as I am new to the area). I plan on posting some pictures soon of where I am living. As of right now I'm still sleeping on the air mattress in the living room (the other roommate moves out on Saturday). My excitement level for having my own bathroom skyrockets every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment