BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 13, 2009

Banana Republic & Sparkling Wine

No, I don't shop everyday, despite the fact that I am SURROUNDED by shops and my other vice... STARBUCKS! In SoHo today I was offered sparkling wine while I shopped at Banana Republic! And yes I accepted (twice). Life in NYC has been so different and so great. I've been here for a week and I already made it to 3 happy hours (I met up with friends from home and Mizzou). I also have forced myself to get out of bed early to go running. Central Park is only 5 blocks away, and the view of the City while running around the Jacqueline Onassis Reservoir is quite a sight.

I'm pretty much a local at this point. I go to work every day....take the metro....walk past Clinton Kelly on my way to lunch (no joke!)...give the doormen the classic head nod as I pass on my way back to my studio loft.... Speaking of which, I live with two other girls (very easy to get along with). One is a student from Taiwan and the other is a model from Sweden. The place is adorable, expensive, and tiny. I live in a great neighborhood, the Upper East Side (UES for us locals). It's a mix of young business professionals, "posh" people, and "creative-minded" people (if you will).

I'm still getting used to the sounds I hear at night. They range from sirens, to people yelling, to blaring music, and dogs barking...but it really is a safe area! I also am getting used to this thing called "work". Apparently people work 9-6 these days? The internship is going well, I like the other interns as well as the people I work for. I was also called the "best intern ever" the other day, I should have asked, "so does this mean I'm hired?!?"

I'm working on taking pictures of my neighborhood/studio/life, but here are a few for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment