BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

There are an unnecessary amount of dogs in New York

I don't know why so many people feel like it's a good idea to have animals in their shoe box apartments. What's even worse is people think that their dogs are "cute" so they in fact buy multiples. The reality is these people's dogs are just bigger versions of rats and they annoy me on a daily basis. No, I do not think your dog(s) is cute. I in fact am irritated that you thought it was a great idea to get three of them and take up the entire sidewalk while walking at an obnoxiously slow pace. I also don't like when I am running and your dog decides it wants to come smell me. Is there a law against me kicking your dog? No, there is not, and if you do not leash that thing it will be injured. But please, until then continue to take your dog outside in the middle of the night so the entire neighborhood can hear it bark.



Besides my current goals to start a "Euthanize the dogs of NYC" campaign, I have been exploring the area I work in (Union Square). Here are some pictures of a farmers market a couple blocks away. It's pretty much busy all day long. They have tons of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as pasteries, jams, and cookies. I love eating lunch in this area because there are so many interesting people to awkwardly stare at. It's also interesting to hear some bag pipes in the middle of a busy city (I love bag pipes!) Also in Union Square is this shop (Fishs Eddy...yes that is how it's spelled) that is full of amazing dishes, bowls, kitchenware, etc. that remind me of my Grandma Paas, who as I learned loved to collect dish sets. The great thing about this place is that everything has a reasonable price, and there are so many trinkets you wouldn't think of having for your kitchen, but would be the CUTEST accessories.

You've seen the pictures of my kitchen though, not exactly space for such things so I will just continue to browse.
Lastly, I was able to meet up with a friend from home (Becca) in Times Square for some dinner and drinks. It took us an HOUR to decide where to eat. When given too many choices it clearly becomes an obstacle. If you find yourself in Times Square anytime soon though, Virgils offers some great BBQ and not to mention delicious Hush Puppy appetizers that make you wish it was a real dog you were eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment