BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas has arrived in NYC

I have lots of pictures from some of my recent dwellings around the city. Friday after work I went to the MoMA (museum of modern art) to check out some of the photographers (Lee Friedman, Diane Arbus, Ansel Adams) I studied in my last semester at Mizzou. Fortunately and unfortunately friday's are free at the MoMA, but that also means it is CROWDED. It was definitely worth it though. I took some pictures of some notable artists, Picasso, Van Gogh, Pollock. Apparantly the Pollock painting (the one that looks like a child could do) was actually done from above, and it takes a lot of "calculations" and physical power (or so my audio guide informed me). There was also a Tim Burton section (see the picture of the man about to be eaten) but alas that area was for "members only".




After the museum I was already close to Rockefeller Plaza so I grabbed some hot cocoa and watched the ice skaters for a couple of minutes. I can't wait until Katie's next visit into the city, I imagine us skating around the rink while holding hands (get excited Katie!). You can also see that they are still in the process of building the Christmas tree. Right now they have the Swarovski Star on display nearby. It's HUGE. I absolutely adore this area though. So many lights already up! There are a lot of shops and plenty of happy people around...definitely an area where the rich live (the Prada and Versace stores give it away). I'm looking forward to using my one-week pass to a fancy gym in Rockefeller Plaza that my roommate gave me. She doesn't work out, so it's my gain! I'm planning on using it the week before I come home for Christmas. Tomorrow I have a guest pass for a really expensive gym nearby. Little do they know I have no intention of starting a membership for $175/month. Sorry! (Clearly I'm trying to avoid buying a gym membership).






Besides another painful loss from Notre Dame, this weekend was great. I went on an Upper East Side Bar Crawl with my friend Becky on Saturday. It was a blast, even though we discovered there are A LOT of long islanders that come to the city to go out (these people can be some what obnoxious, I'm sure Katie can back me up on that one). I'm making a list of things I still want to do, and a concert at Radio City Music Hall is one of them. Katie and I have been trying to get Lady Ga Ga tickets for the end of January, but it's proven to be a lot harder than we thought. Hopefully we get lucky! See everyone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment