BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Live Next to a Hoarder

The man next door has been trying to move out....for days. He is what I have concluded to be a hoarder: someone who fails to use or discard such a large number of seemingly useless possessions that it causes significant clutter and impairment to basic living activities such as mobility, cooking, cleaning, showering or sleeping. To describe the odor and amount of crap he has STACKED HIGH in his apartment is truly indescribable. I don't even think a TLC show can save him. Please see exhibit A: this picture is of books.... not even close to 1/4 he has in his apartment that he has been trying to move out (the books continue around the corner). Actually, he had some interesting books on WWII and Hitler that I am going to ask to have (Merry Christmas Dad!) If I could take a picture of the inside of his apartment I would....

But until then, this is where I live: First: the lovely outside of the building, then one of our window areas....can you tell girls live here? Next is the loft. I am on the left (on the side wall above the door. It's not a bad place to sleep until I wake up in the morning disoriented and practically injure myself trying to get down. And check out that KITCHEN. Good thing I'm not a cook.







Lastly, is the Bread Shop across the street. They make delicious homemade bread, muffins, pasteries..... so many great carbs.
This weekend went by a little too fast. I wasted my Friday night watching the Notre Dame game at a bar about 45 seconds away. Too bad I started a tab BEFORE I realized it was a "California" bar.....aka UCLA/USC/Dodgers crap everywhere. I then was quizzed some Notre Dame trivia questions from a Pittsburgh fan...to which any answer I didn't know I sent my Dad a text. This guy pretty much thought I was brilliant (thanks Dad!) so I earned some free beer. It would've tasted a lot better had Notre Dame won. I was also befriended by some nice bartenders (Charlotte and Evan). Nothing like making friends with the locals!

Next up, purchasing a ticket to the Celtics vs. Knicks game at Madison Square Garden for next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment