BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Good News, Bad News



Starting off with the bad news.... my computer is on Death Row. It decides to do strange new things everyday and the verdict from Mr. Apple Man is that my hard drive is wearing out :( I'm thinking needing a new laptop while working at an unpaid internship is not exactly an ideal situation. I've been trying to get my parents to put Kelly up for adoption (to save $$) for a couple of months now, so I'm hoping this will give them the right push to do so. (We have to act quick, she is almost 18!). Although my beloved computer (lasted over 4.5 years!) is on the fritz, the Apple Store was pretty awesome (see pic). It was also located right next to FAO Schwartz which made me wish I was a kid again (who doesn't want a oversized stuffed animal sting-ray?)

So I told you I was going to attempt the "Tree-lighting" ceremony in Rockefeller Plaza. Well, I did. After foolishly thinking I could show up (along with another intern) about 20 minutes before the concert started I realized how crazy people are about free events. I didn't really want to see the tree (I can see that hassle-free any other day) I just wanted to hear the music! Unfortunately, we could get anywhere near the action, so we went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square to watch it on TV. That was an experience in itself.... mostly because our waiter was on drugs. The first story he told us was of his days in California as a gang member. Looks like you've come a long way buddy....

Anyways, to the GOOD NEWS. After applying for an internship with NFL Films about 2 months ago, I got a response! I will be traveling via bus to Mt. Laurel, NJ on December 18th for an interview and then spending the night in Philly (about 30 minutes away). I'm trying not to get too excited because the odds of me getting this internship are 38-45% (I did the math). Then again the chances of getting an actual interview was pretty slim too. Unfortunately, the internship is again unpaid, but working with the production staff of the NFL researching players, teams, and writing and editing stories...it would be such an incredible and valuable experience....and thankfully I have some supportive parents who thoroughly enjoy expensing my life (right?). This is exactly the kind of opportunity I was hoping for coming out of college.... it's just coming a lot later than expected! So keep me in your prayers and send good karma my way because I would die and go to heaven if I got accepted. It would be sad to leave NYC (internship would start mid-february and go until may), but the opportunity would be too good to pass up! I'm already doing research to prepare.

Other than that, work is going well.... I'm learning new things every day and working hard! I've also been on the hunt for another celebrity-sighting. I'm really hoping to run into Lady Ga Ga or Jay-Z. Also, the other picture is of a floating snow flake.... I just found it humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment