BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm going to run a half marathon


So I made a list of things I want to do before to die (as if the age of 22 should cause some reason of panic). On my list includes running a marathon (probably the NY marathon because you run through all 5 boroughs). However, this is going to take some baby steps. I've already run a countless amount of 5ks, and although my next step should be 10ks, I think I will just skip ahead to running a half marathon.

The problem is the one I want to run is on March 20 (2nd picture), and seeing as I've had to take off two weeks running to heal my hip I am already behind. This race is literally a run through history. You run through the historical landmarks of Washington D.C. How cool would that be?

I do have a backup plan if my March date seems to be too daunting. There is a potomac river run (in D.C./Virginia) on May 2. It gives you some gorgeous views of the river as well as taking you through paths as seen in picture 1.

Either way I'm excited to take on this challenge! I'm crossing my fingers that my hip makes it through!

Other things on my "Do Before I Die List":
  • Skydive
  • Travel to all 50 states (over halfway done!)
  • Take a hot air balloon ride
  • Hike to the top of a challenging mountain (haven't decided which one yet)
  • Meet Lady Ga Ga
  • Learn how to count cards so I can win big at the Black Jack tables in Vegas
Any other suggestions?!


6 comments:

  1. haha my before i die list has "meet kanye west" on it. if they perform together we're getting VIP backstage passes. except kanye will probably be a douche. that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could have happened had Kanye not cancelled his tour with Ga Ga. Keep the dream alive chels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh do the National Half Marathon! I know lots of people who are doing it and I would love to be your cheerleader too. And yeah there is a run in DC like every month so you should definitely do one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should run it with my name on your back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that in they NY marathon the men run on the upper bridges, the women on the lower, sometimes the men pee while they run......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I could force myself to pee while running....eww!

    ReplyDelete