BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

My "New York" Running Shoes


I have two more days left of my 2.5 week running hiatus (in hopes of getting rid of my hip problems) and to celebrate I got some New York running shoes. (Ok, I really did need new shoes, my old running shoes are shredded inside). I'm not one to be too adventerous in my tennis shoes. In fact, I usually keep it to the standard white or grey highlighted in either black or blue. HOWEVER, these shoes are supposed to be excellent for running. They help strengthen your foot and are extremely lightweight.

So why didn't I get my normal bland colors? Well, because they didn't have any in stock would be the most truthful answer. However, after staring at these somewhat obnoxiously bright pink shoes I decided, "these shoes are New York". New Yorkers need a way to stand out from the millions of other people, and although some people choose certain ways to do so (imagine leopard print leggings, a fur jacket, and black sneakers for example) others choose more "subtle" ways. Like hot pink running shoes.

So I will show New York in my last two weeks that I know how to be "different". Granted my hot pink shoes may be the only bold statement in my wardrobe (one of my intern friends makes fun of the countless number of cardigans I wear to work), they will be seen. They will be seen in the various gyms around New York (that I will try to get free one day or week memberships to) and they will be seen in Central Park. So watch out New York!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete