BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Only one month left in the Big Apple!





I think everybody at this point has heard that I was accepted for the NFL Films internship, which I am extremely excited about, but it also means I will be leaving NYC :(

If you haven't heard about my trip to Philadelphia/New Jersey for my interview a few weeks ago, don't ask. It was a traveling nightmare and I have bitter feelings towards that area. From cancelled buses, late buses, cancelled flights, and blizzards it was essentially a nightmare. Thankfully I was there with my friends Jess and Becky which forced us to laugh about everything terrible that occurred.

The original plan was to go out Friday night and do sightseeing on Saturday....but the blizzard made this a bit of a problem (see the picture of Philly covered in snow....this was actually our view from the hotel window which was where we did our sightseeing from). I DID however see the Liberty Bell...as we were walking to the bar, and I managed to snag a Philly Cheesesteak.... they aren't actually as gross as they sound!

Fast-forward past Christmas and I was back here, hosting a couple of friends in NYC. Some of my best girlfriends (Jess and Cat) came into the City for some NYE festivities. They were true sports seeing as I don't have my own room and they had to share a loft bed together (although Cat was convinced she was going to die the whole time). The whole night was an experience in itself. It wasn't exactly what we expected, but the three of us could go anywhere and have a good time. We were also able to meet up with our friend Kolleen (from Mizzou) randomly at McFadden's (the NYC MIZZOU bar). Unfortunately we were all there to watch Mizzou get handled by Navy in an embarrassing loss (worse than when ND lost to them). Our friend Mike (also from Mizzou) called us on NYE for his spur of the moment trip to NYC. AND we were able to see our friend Carl who just moved to Brooklyn a few days ago. It was an unplanned Mizzou reunion in the Big Apple!

I'm sorry I'm being so vague about everything that has happened, but it would be a novel if I tried to describe the past couple of weeks....clearly I got behind in my blogging!




1 comment:

  1. Nothing like Mizzou reunions on the other side of the county. <3

    ReplyDelete